Alice A. Purdy is a senior associate at Flicker, Kerin, Kruger & Bissada LLP‘s Family Law Department. The enthusiasm Ms. Purdy brings to family law is based on a strong sense of justice and commitment to make a measurable difference and improvement in the lives of her clients. Ms. Purdy transitioned from environmental law and civil litigation practice to exclusively family law in 2013, after realizing her passion for family law as a volunteer attorney for low-income victims of domestic violence in restraining order and child custody matters. Her practice includes all aspects of family law matters, including high-asset property division, child and spousal support, complex custody issues including relocation, paternity matters, domestic violence, prenuptial agreements, and post-judgment matters. She is skilled in a variety of representation forms including consulting for mediation, proceedings before private judges, attorney negotiated settlement and litigation.
Alice Purdy received her J.D. and Certificate of Specialization with Distinction in Environmental Law from Golden Gate University School of Law where she earned the CALI Award for promising student in Water Law and served on the Moot Court Board. She has a B.A. in English as well as a B.S. with honors in Conservation and Resource Studies from the University of California, Berkeley where she completed her thesis in the Environmental Science Honors Research Program.
Alice Purdy currently serves as an Officer and Director on the board of Queen’s Bench where she provides continuing legal education on behalf of the oldest women’s bar association in the country and volunteers her time to mentor young women in Juvenile Hall.
Ms. Purdy was the recipient of the annual Queen’s Bench Service Award in 2019 for her service on the Color of Justice Committee, organized by the National Association of Women Judges and California Women Lawyers. Ms. Purdy has been a Committee member since 2016, volunteering to further the mission of encouraging young minority and women students to consider a career in law or the judiciary. Ms. Purdy is a 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Star selectee as well as an American Academy of Attorneys Top 100 Family Law Attorney. Her speaking engagements include being a presenter at the Family Law Legal Custody Update to the San Mateo County Psychological Association in July 2018.
Alice Purdy is a member of the State Bar of California, as well as the Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, and San Mateo County Bar Associations. Her hobbies include hiking near her Santa Cruz home, yoga, and Italian cooking.
Areas of Practice
- Family law
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Honors: Certificate of Specialization with Distinction in Environmental Law
- Honors: CALI Award, Water Law
- Honors: Moot Court Board, Member
- University of California, Berkeley
- Honors: Environmental Science Honors Research Program Thesis
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Conservation and Resource Studies
- University of California, Berkeley
- Major: English
- Presenter, Family Law Legal Custody Update to the San Mateo County Psychological Association, 2018 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Queen’s Bench Service Award, 2019 – Present
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019 – Present
- American Academy of Attorneys Top 100 Family Law Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- San Francisco County Bar Association, Member
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Member
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member
- Santa Cruz County Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Bay Area Legal Aid, Volunteer Attorney
- San Francisco Bar Association’s Justice and Diversity Center, Volunteer Attorney
- National Association of Women Judges and California Women Lawyers, Color of Justice Committee, Member, 2016 – Present
- Queen’s Bench Board, Officer and Director
- Juvenile Halll, Volunteer Mentor