Pedro Ferreirinha joined VdA in 1992. He is Partner and Head of Practice of Real Estate.
Pedro has broad real estate experience and a deep understanding of the real estate markets and cycles as a result of assisting clients in acquisition and disposal of residential, commercial hospitality and retail properties and portfolios, in negotiating leasing for tenants and landlords and in sale & lease back transactions.
He is particularly experienced in land development and has been involved in significant projects in Portugal assisting developers and investors throughout the entire development procedure, including the planning, licensing, financing, construction and marketing phases of prime developments.
Law Degree, University of Lisbon, Faculty of Law.
Coordinator of the class of Real Estate Law in the Post-Graduation in Real Estate Management of Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestão.
Author or coauthor of various publications on matter within his fields of expertise, namely:
- The Property Handbook – CBRE | VdA, since 2017
- “Legal ratings survey of global real estate” – Allen & Overy | Rating Real Estate, 2017
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Real Estate 2017 – ICLG, 2017
- “The Real Estate Law Review” – Chapter Portugal, 2017
- “The International Comparative Legal Guide to Real Estate” – Global Legal Group, 2016
- “The real estate sector in Portugal”, in the Real Estate Law Review, 2015
- “Urban regeneration issues”, in SOL (weekly newspaper), 2015
- “Touristic condominiums”, in Vida Judiciária, 2015
- “Portuguese Real Estate Market – Legal & Fiscal Context”, in Jones Lang LaSalle, 2014
- “Urban rehabilitation: an investment opportunity”, in International Law Office, 2014
- Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association.
- Member of Ad Urbem – Association for the Development of the Planning and Construction Law.
About Vieira de Almeida
The domestic real estate market is changing rapidly, and at this pace may break new record heights. Our real estate team offers a one stop shop for property services, cross-practice and industry savvy. From the acquisition and planning, through to construction, disposal and asset management, encompassing both commercial and residential property, we find practical commercial solutions, underpinned by a tenacious determination to get the deal done.
Our clients are public entities and private companies, developers, property funds, financial institutions, corporate occupiers, private wealth structures and private investors.
Be it in lusophone and francophone Africa, or in East-Timor, we operate as one firm with unparalleled foundations and agility: international standards of excellence, real estate industry-focused teams with vast local expertise and the exclusive commitment of the highly reputed local firms that make up VdA Legal Partners.
PORTUGAL • ANGOLA • CABO VERDE • EQUATORIAL GUINEA • MOZAMBIQUE • SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE • TIMOR-LESTE