Houston real estate attorney David J. Willis offers a wide range of legal services.
David J. Willis represents buyers, sellers, and investors in Texas real estate transactions and prepares a wide variety of documents for all types of businesses, including entrepreneurial start-ups. He promptly delivers high-quality custom services and documentation with an emphasis on creative solutions and asset protection. More than a traditional law firm, David J. Willis also offers full e-commerce capability and has successfully assisted thousands of online clients.
Board Certified | Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Residential Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate Law
Texas Real Estate Broker
AV Rated for Ethical Standards and Professional Ability
Personal: Commercial pilot, black belt, Colorado hiker. USC (JD), UH (LLM).
Real Estate Consultations & Documents
- Consultations on Texas residential and commercial real estate issues including review/comment on TREC and TAR sales contracts, title commitments, and closing documents;
- Texas earnest money contracts (TREC and TAR), warranty deeds, real estate lien notes, deeds of trust, leases, liens and lien releases, assignments, options, and affidavits;
- Creative real estate documentation for assumptions, owner financing, wraparounds, “subject to” deals, hard-money loans, and land trusts;
- Dodd-Frank and the SAFE Act (excluding RMLO services);
- Real estate investor documentation, including flips, “subject to” transactions, wholesaling, and wraparounds;
- Leases and assignment of leases for residential and commercial properties;
- Lien release against the homestead;
- Foreclosures and evictions in the Houston area;
- Clearing title to heirship property;
- Curing title commitment issues;
- Real estate documents for Texas divorce settlements.
Representation in Real Estate Transactions & Litigation
- Representation in Texas transactions involving residential real estate and commercial real estate;
- Combined broker/lawyer representation in the entire transaction (discounted commission);
- Clearing title issues and meeting title company requirements;
- Representation in lender/loan matters;
- Representation in disputes and litigation involving Texas real estate.
Trusts and Estate Planning
- Living trusts for the homestead;
- Land trusts and anonymity trusts for real estate investors;
- Trusts used in conjunction with anonymity LLC formation;
- Estate planning for real estate investors.
- Consultations, contracts, and transactions;
- Entity-structuring strategies for start-ups and existing businesses;
- Traditional and Series LLCs, partnerships, and joint ventures;
- Purchase and Sale of Texas businesses;
- Purchase and Sale of commercial real estate;
- Loan documentation for business borrowers, lenders, and venture capital;
- Meeting requirements of lenders and title companies;
- Litigation and dispute resolution.