Villa Garzoni Pinocchio, a historic luxury property for sale in Tuscany
Villa Garzoni Pinocchio | Luxury Real Estate in Italy | Presented by Romolini Immobiliare, Christie’s International Real Estate
Villa Garzoni Pinocchio, a magnificent villa dating back to XIV Century, stands in an ancient medieval hamlet dating back to 1100. It is placed in a dominating and panoramic position in the heart of Collodi.
The park, impressive and luxuriant and with a symmetrical structure, has been designed by the father of Carlo Lorenzini, better known as “Collodi”, who decided to set here his most famous work, Pinocchio.
The park was developed in 1600 and enriched with labyrinths, statues, staircases and small fountains.
The property is composed of many buildings, described as follows.
With a surface of 3032 square metres, is disposed on five staggered levels and has access from a monumental staircase.
The structure has a south-exposition and is composed of frescoed rooms with typical rococò elements like plasters and typical paintings of the epoch.
The villa has been recently partially restored and the structure has been secured. The panoramic position offers an incredible view.
The building extends for 624 square metres and is placed on the northern side of the villa. It has been designed by Architect Diodati. It has a typical coverage with a terrace, balustrades and mosaics.
With access from the garden and from outside, it has a total surface of 562 square meters. It is disposed on three levels and has an internal courtyard as well as a small private garden.
This building has been recently restored, is disposed on two floors and has a total surface of 248 square meters. Dependance It has a total surface of 527 square meters and has a reception room for the visitors of the “Butterfly House”.
Recently restored, it has a total surface of 411 square meters, has a crystal structure placed on stone, reproducing the typical habitat of butterflies.
With a former spa of 87 square meters with frescoed walls. In the upper side of the property, there are some stages where once the orchestras used to play.
The complex includes also 12 hectares of land with woodland and olive grove with 70 trees.
The property has accommodated, over the centuries, people like Ferdinando d’Austria, Anna de’ Medici and Napoleone Bonaparte.
There is a project to convert this complex into a fascinating Relais & Châteaux.