Villa Tre Querce, Capalbio, Tuscany, Italy
Villa Tre Querce, Luxury Vacation Rental in Capalbio, Tuscany, Italy | Finest International
The superb villa Tre Querce lies just below the beautiful medieval town of Capalbio, where Tuscany meets the sea and where Super Tuscan wines were borne. The Maremma remains the least well-known region of Tuscany and, while it is, this is an opportunity for those of us in the know to revel in its virtues,
Tre Querce invites you into a world defined by light, space and beauty with the perfect touch of the owner’s cultured, refined taste near a town that defines new-Tuscan style. The layout is ideal for couples and families: each cluster of ensuite bedrooms thoughtfully planned for adults with children or young adults together, sleeping late and wandering directly to the garden and pool for a wake-up dip. In summer you don’t have to spend much time inside, as again and again, you are drawn to the garden, terraces and pool. The view is always there – with the Tyrrhenian Sea marking the horizon line and reminding you that, yes, you could go for a dip in the ocean if you like, book a table for lunch in Capalbio or dance under the stars in a tradition that belongs utterly to the Italians on summer holiday.
Your health and happiness at Tre Querce are assured. The house is thoughtfully prepared for 21st century living; solar panels provide power, a saltwater pool and eco systems are evident throughout the house. There is AC to ensure comfort but it is really the ceiling fans that provide that ultimate in cool comfort – a natural light breeze on the skin. Materials are natural throughout; glass containers only in the kitchen for water and leftovers, all natural linen on the beds, hand-cut stones underfoot, a stunning wood table running the length of the great room and accommodating your family and friends to celebrate the beauty of life at Tre Querce under candlelight, before wandering out to marvel at the stars.
Nothing about Tre Querce will strain – staff are serenely present whenever needed – breakfast in the quiet of the sun room, lunch by the pool, dinner on the terrace. The guest experience is about grace and relaxation – a place for rejuvenation and renewal. Is this not what we need in a post-lockdown world?
Capalbio itself is one of our favourite Tuscan villages. With several great restaurants, a cool bar in the square (where you can buy local wines, including the great wines of Fattoria la Pupille) this is a hilltop town which never ceases to charm. Wherever we are going in Tuscany, we always try and find a way to organise a pit-stop in Capalbio…
- Gated entrance to grounds of estate expanding across 9 hectares with lavish gardens.
- Covered parking space for four cars and open parking for additional 6 cars
- Outdoor terrace with sitting area for 6- 8 guests
- Alfresco dining area for 14-16 at round table
- Buffet tables for serving smaller groups dining alone one side enjoying view across garden to the sea and sunsets
- Pool (20 x 5; salt- water, jet-stream, heated, shallow bed for sitting) with adjacent shower
- Covered sitting area for 8
- Entrance hall
- Side hall with pool towels, beach bags and sun hats
- Guets bath. Back stairs to Garden and Upper levels, Guest kitchen
- Living room with 2 seating area accommodating 12 each
- Dining space with rustic wood – plank table easily accommodates 14
- Professional kitchen for staff use only
- Designated self service area for guests (fridge, espresso maker, kettle, microwave)
- Veranda: Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom
- Salottino: Sitting room
- Senatore: Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom
- Guests kitchen
- Laundry room
- Amanda: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and direct access to shared pergola
- Rosario: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and direct access to shared pergola
- Salottino Ospiti: Intimate large sitting room with TV, AC, desk in nook.
- Garden path leads around lawn and pool
- Ospiti: Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Desideria: Double bedroom with walk in tub Moroccan (ceiling-mounted rain head)
Points of Interests
- Capalbio (winery, shopping, beach clubs, restaurants, train) 15 minutes
- Ansedonia, Orbetello (bike rentals, beach clubs, restaurants, train) 20 minutes
- Porto Ercole, Porto Santo Stefano, Cala Galera (boat charters, ferries, golf, markets) 25 minutes
- Tuscania, Tarquinia, Scansano (wineries) 40-50 minutes
- Grosseto (hot springs, golf) 45 kms
- Pitigliano, Sorano, Sovrana, Viterbo, Terme di Saturnia (thermal baths) 1 hour
- Rome (Centro, airport), Siena, Montalcino 1.5 hours
- Florence (historic center, airport), Pisa (historic center, airport) 2.25-2.5 hours
What to Know
Staff includes full-time cook and two housekeepers who also assist at table plus caretaker/gardener. Two staff live on-site; in private rooms on the Garden and Ground levels. They are very discreet and are either working or not visible.
Air conditioning included in living rooms, kitchen and all bedrooms. Please be attentive to using shades and keeping heat out of the house where possible
Three televisions with satellite SKY TV. Complimentary WiFi provided. Please note there is not consistent coverage throughout the property. Please discuss your particular connectivity needs before booking.
Rates are inclusive of gas, heat under floor heating for spring, electric, water, air conditioning and internet. Housekeeping is complimentary from Monday to Saturday for up to 7 hours a day. Linen changes occur mid-week and weekly. The owners offer a welcome dinner (excluding wine) and a complimentary wine tasting for all house guests over 18yrs. Breakfast service for Continental Breakfast provided; all food excluded beverages. Advance shopping service provided.Chef service for Lunch and Dinner included, however, food and beverages are extra. All rentals are subject to signing. Initial 50% non-refundable rental charge taken on booking. Remaining cost and security deposit to be paid 90 days before arrival.