Kamilla Bogdanov joined Rosenberg & Estis, P.C., in 2016 and is an associate with the firm’s Transactional Department. Ms. Bogdanov’s practice involves residential and commercial real estate transactions, condominium and cooperative board representation, commercial litigation, administrative proceedings and landlord-tenant matters. Ms. Bogdanov has extensive experience representing cooperatives in the refinancing of underlying mortgage loans, and in performing the requisite due diligence and title review. Ms. Bogdanov routinely counsels individuals and entities in the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial and residential real property, the transfers of cooperative and condominium units, and the drafting and modification of loan documents.
- Kamilla Bogdanov represented The Durst Organization in the formation of the HLP1 Condominium in the Halletts Point development in Astoria, New York.
- Represented an international hotelier in the defeasance and refinancing of a boutique Midtown Manhattan hotel.
- Represented The Durst Organization in a mezzanine financing of 4 Times Square.
- Represented a co-developer in the redemption of a joint venturer’s equity interests.
- Represented a New York City developer in the modification of its construction financing.
- Represented a foreign developer in the acquisition, financing and development of a condominium in Manhattan.
- Represented the seller in a transfer of various commercial properties in Las Vegas, NV.
- Represented a condominium sponsor in the sale of condominium units in Manhattan.
- Represented a Hollywood actor in negotiating a lease of a luxury condominium.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended commercial contract actions, summary non-payment and holdover proceedings and conducted hearings before the New York City Department of Buildings, the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal, the Environmental Control Board and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
- Achieved dismissals of successive harassment and rent overcharge actions filed against a holder of unsold shares by a rent-regulated tenant; obtained a monetary and possessory judgment and an award of legal fees against a cooperative shareholder in a non-payment proceeding, as well as a denial of the shareholder’s abatement claim; prevailed on a Petition for Administrative Review challenging a DHCR Rent Administrator’s luxury deregulation of a rent-stabilized apartment; and successfully prosecuted a Board’s claim of an unlawful transfer of a decedent’s shares of cooperative stock.
Year joined Firm
Areas of practice
- Property Acquisition/Disposition
- Co-op/Condo Conversion and Representation
- Real Estate Development and Financing
- Residential Leasing
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Landlord/Tenant Litigation
- Transactional Law
- New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2011
- New York Law School
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – 2007
- Franklin & Marshall College
- B.A. (Cum Laude) – 2004
- Major: Spanish language & literature
Professional Association and Memberships
Kamilla Bogdanov is a member of the New York State Bar Association.