Simon Reid-Kay leads Simon Reid-Kay & Associates and has practised and been resident in Hong Kong since 1985. He deals with all types of real estate transactions and regularly advises on the real estate aspects of IPOs, funds (including REITs), securitizations, sale and leaseback and portfolio management for substantial Hong Kong-based international investment banks and conglomerates. He regularly advises private funds and investment banks on their own and their clients’ real estate requirements including investments, financing and property management.
As well as handling purchases, sales and leases, Simon has advised owners, developers and lenders on the planning and construction aspects of many major developments and infrastructure projects in Hong Kong and the region. He also has extensive experience in government land administration and heavyweight commercial leasing work.
- Partner, Allen & Overy, Hong Kong – 2001-2012
- Associate, Consultant, Linklaters, Hong Kong – 1988-2001
- Associate, Johnson Stokes & Master, Hong Kong – 1985-1988
- Associate, Maclay Murray & Spens, Scotland – 1984-1985
- Admitted as solicitor, Scotland, 1984
- Admitted as solicitor, Hong Kong, 1985
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1991