Beautiful Property For Rent in Montone, Umbria, Italy
Luxury vacation rental in Umbria, Italy | Selected by Finest International
For an authentic taste of the Umbrian countryside, look no further than this achingly beautiful property for rent in Montone. We love a good rural retreat, especially when it’s set in Italy’s green heart – and the views here won’t dare let you forget about it. From just about every window you’ll look out to sprawling country fields, olive groves and vineyards for as far as the eye can see.
Inside, the home’s original features – most notably the wooden beams and brick fireplace – add plenty of visual interest, while the terracotta tones and antique decorative details will have you feeling all warm and settled. You’ll find modern comforts too, from the sleek kitchen to the en-suite bathrooms, for that level of luxury.
Although our favourite space is out on the covered terrace, overlooking the beautiful Umbria landscape. Fire up the brickwork barbecue for an alfresco lunch in the sun or cool off with a dip in your private pool (complete with a spa feature for the ultimate relaxation). The home’s manicured lawns and billowing gardens call out for lazy afternoons leisurely topping up your tan and sipping limoncellos. But if you’re looking to explore, the charming medieval village of Montone is no more than fifteen minutes’ drive away.
Staying in Umbria
Sometimes overshadowed by neighbouring Tuscany, Umbria has so much to offer in its own right. Here, you’ll find Assisi, best known as the birthplace of St Francis, Perugia, with its famous Palazzo dei Priori, the cliff-top town of Orvieto, and Gubbio, home to the Iguvine Tablets. While its urban areas offer Medieval architecture, charming piazzas and excellent restaurants aplenty, it’s the countryside for which you really visit Umbria.
The region is known as the green heart of Italy – in fact, it’s the only Italian region whose borders don’t touch another country or the sea. Umbria’s landscapes are characterised by dense forests, rolling fields and manicured vineyards – and dotted with historic farmhouses, making it the perfect Italian destination to truly relax. And with these lush green views come the fantastic produce that makes Umbrian cuisine so well regarded. The cuisine here focuses on meat dishes and freshwater fish from Lake Trasimeno, but the region is best known for its truffles, which you can pair with local wine.
- Check-in: From 15:00 / 3:00 pm
- Check-out: By 10:00 / 10:00 am
- 30 Days: Get a 50% refund when you cancel up until 60 days before check‑in.
- This home benefits from our special Covid-19 refund policy. We’ll refund you in full if you can’t travel due to Covid-19 governmental changes in travel restrictions. Please read details here.
- Children welcome (1-12 years)
- Infants welcome (under 12 months)
- Pets welcome
- No parties or events
- No smoking
Good To Know
- 20 mins walk to nearest bus stop
- The private pool is open to the use of guests from the 1st May to the 30th September
- You will need a car to get around the area – there’s private parking for up to six cars
- There’s a laptop-friendly workspace
- The back garden is fully fenced-off
- Your host provides a baby bed and a high chair, free of cost
- Pets are allowed, but only on request
- Feel free to enquire about arranging those extra-special services with your host when booking the home.
- Airport Pick up
Your host can arrange extra cleaning services for you here, for 20 € per hour
- This home is managed by a business. A member of their staff will be your point of contact before and during your stay.
- Your host is committed to our Covid-19 cleaning standards. Find out more here.