Flora Fortress, Majestic Property in Umbria, Italy
Luxury majestic vacation rental in Umbria, Italy | Listed by Finest International
Standing high and proud above sea level, this turreted fortress gazes down at the stunning, surrounding countryside of Pucino. Planted neatly between the delights of Tuscany and Umbria and with Lake Trasimeno in the foreground, a medieval trail of monuments, spas, and villages await to be explored. The villa itself is like an ancient towerhouse, rising up between the trees. The 360-degree view from its highest point overlooks the vast grounds, so you can survey the lands like a king or queen. Kids can play Rapunzel in the tower, or run around on the lawn and splash in the pool. With so many sheltered seating spots, from terraces to balconies, there’s plenty of spots to escape with a good book and bask in the peace and quiet. A cute, consecrated chapel sits within the grounds, should you be visiting for nuptials, and the four-poster master bed with its velvet curtains is the stuff of honeymoon suite dreams.
With pines, cypresses, vivid blooms, and even an orchard and vegetable garden, this majestic vacation rental in umbria is suitably overflowing with flora to sit within the green heart of Italy.
Staying in Umbria
Sometimes overshadowed by neighbouring Tuscany, Umbria has so much to offer in its own right. Here, you’ll find Assisi, best known as the birthplace of St Francis, Perugia, with its famous Palazzo dei Priori, the cliff-top town of Orvieto, and Gubbio, home to the Iguvine Tablets. While its urban areas offer Medieval architecture, charming piazzas and excellent restaurants aplenty, it’s the countryside for which you really visit Umbria.
The region is known as the green heart of Italy – in fact, it’s the only Italian region whose borders don’t touch another country or the sea. Umbria’s landscapes are characterised by dense forests, rolling fields and manicured vineyards – and dotted with historic farmhouses, making it the perfect Italian destination to truly relax. And with these lush green views come the fantastic produce that makes Umbrian cuisine so well regarded. The cuisine here focuses on meat dishes and freshwater fish from Lake Trasimeno, but the region is best known for its truffles, which you can pair with local wine.
- Check-in: From 16:00 / 4:00 pm
- Check-out: By 10:00 / 10:00 am
- 60 Days: Get a 50% refund when you cancel up until 60 days before check‑in.
- This home benefits from our special Covid-19 refund policy. We’ll refund you in full if you can’t travel due to Covid-19 governmental changes in travel restrictions. Please read details here.
- Not suitable for children (1-12 years)
- Not suitable for infants (under 12 months)
- Pets welcome
- No parties or events
- No smoking
Good To Know
- 19 mins walk to nearest bus stop
- The private pool is open to the use of guests from April to October
- This villa contains its own consecrated chapel, suitable for wedding ceremonies and events for twenty-five or more guests are welcome
- The twin bedroom that sits at the top of one of the turrets is accessed by a staircase from within the third floor double suite, perfect for families
- City taxes are not included in the price of the stay and will be collected in person upon check-in
- Feel free to enquire about arranging those extra-special services with your host when booking the home.
- Airport Pick up
- This home is managed by a business. A member of their staff will be your point of contact before and during your stay.
- Your host is committed to our Covid-19 cleaning standards. Find out more here.