Casa Cicognola, Luxury Villa in Massa Martana, Umbria, Italy
Luxury villa for rent in Umbria, Italy | Selected by Finest International
Nestled among the beautiful woods and cultivated meadows of the Umbrian hills, you’ll find this sprawling four-hectare estate. The stone façade of this imposing villa is surrounded by olive groves and cypress trees, providing a peaceful space for open-air privacy in the 1000 m2 garden. Sit on the manicured lawn beside the blooms as you sip your morning coffee and admire the magnificent view, or dive into the glistening pool to begin your day with a swim (yes, there is a diving board). Inside, the villa exudes the typical charm of rural Umbrian homes, with its wooden-beamed ceilings, terracotta floors and large characteristic stone fireplace. The traditional patterned armchairs, colourful artwork and rustic furniture all add to the multi-layered design.
You’ll have plenty of room to entertain guests in the indoor and outdoor kitchen and dining spaces, but if you don’t feel like cooking, ask your host to help you arrange a private chef. Or, if you want to explore the area’s bars and restaurants, the ancient Italian town of Massa Martana is just a short drive away.
Staying in Umbria
Sometimes overshadowed by neighbouring Tuscany, Umbria has so much to offer in its own right. Here, you’ll find Assisi, best known as the birthplace of St Francis, Perugia, with its famous Palazzo dei Priori, the cliff-top town of Orvieto, and Gubbio, home to the Iguvine Tablets. While its urban areas offer Medieval architecture, charming piazzas and excellent restaurants aplenty, it’s the countryside for which you really visit Umbria.
Umbria region is known as the green heart of Italy – in fact, it’s the only Italian region whose borders don’t touch another country or the sea. Umbria’s landscapes are characterised by dense forests, rolling fields and manicured vineyards – and dotted with historic farmhouses, making it the perfect Italian destination to truly relax. And with these lush green views come the fantastic produce that makes Umbrian cuisine so well regarded. The cuisine here focuses on meat dishes and freshwater fish from Lake Trasimeno, but the region is best known for its truffles, which you can pair with local wine.
- Check-in: From 16:00 / 4:00 pm
- Check-out: By 10:00 / 10:00 am
- 60 Days: Get a 50% refund when you cancel up until 60 days before check‑in.
- This home benefits from our special Covid-19 refund policy. We’ll refund you in full if you can’t travel due to Covid-19 governmental changes in travel restrictions. Please read details here.
- Not suitable for children (1-12 years)
- Not suitable for infants (under 12 months)
- Pets allowed
- No parties or events
- No smoking
Good To Know
- There’s enough parking for five cars – we’d highly recommend hiring a car if you want to explore the local area
- Small pets are permitted, but you’ll need to pay an additional €30 per pet, per week
- Ask your host if you’d like to customise your holiday with additional services such as an in-house chef, private transfers or car rental
- Please let your host know if you plan to host an event or party, as there may be an additional fee
- City taxes are not included in the price of the stay and will be collected in person upon check-in
- Arrivals between 8pm and midnight are subject to an €80 late arrival fee
- Feel free to enquire about arranging those extra-special services with your host when booking the home.
- Airport Pick up
- This home is managed by a business. A member of their staff will be your point of contact before and during your stay.
- Your host is committed to our Covid-19 cleaning standards. Find out more here.