Heraldic Crest, a Splendid Historic Villa in Acquasparta, Umbria, Italy
A Luxury Vacation Rental in Umbria, Italy | Selected by Finest International
Leave the real world behind and relive the grandeur of days gone by in this villa dating back to the 1600s. Once the home of wealthy landowners, Heraldic Crest, a splendid historic villa in Italy, has been carefully restored to maintain its character and elegance, while making a few luxurious modern improvements. Within an easy drive of many of this region’s major attractions, it’s set on a peaceful estate with large private gardens.
As soon as you drive up to the front, it’s clear this splendid historic villa in Italy is something very special indeed. Its arching windows, tower room and checkerboard terrace make this the quintessential Umbrian villa. And inside doesn’t disappoint either, with frescoes, tiled floors and antique furnishings. There’s a fabulous, professional-grade kitchen for whipping up meals both casual and formal, with the latter served in the grand dining hall with a series of tall French doors that open to the terrace.
Outside, the grounds are beautifully maintained, with cypress trees, lavender and rose borders surrounding the lawns. A large, pristine pool awaits, with sun loungers and a shaded poolside dining area that also boasts a bar. And there’s a play area for the children, shaded by mature trees.
Just a short drive from the stunning Marmore Falls, and with easy access to Todi, Spello, Orvieto and Spoleto, it’s an area known for its fine wine and excellent food. The centre of Acquasparta is an eight-minute from the home and Terni is twenty minutes away.
Staying in Umbria
Sometimes overshadowed by neighbouring Tuscany, Umbria has so much to offer in its own right. Here, you’ll find Assisi, best known as the birthplace of St Francis, Perugia, with its famous Palazzo dei Priori, the cliff-top town of Orvieto, and Gubbio, home to the Iguvine Tablets. While its urban areas offer Medieval architecture, charming piazzas and excellent restaurants aplenty, it’s the countryside for which you really visit Umbria.
Umbria region is known as the green heart of Italy – in fact, it’s the only Italian region whose borders don’t touch another country or the sea. Umbria’s landscapes are characterised by dense forests, rolling fields and manicured vineyards – and dotted with historic farmhouses, making it the perfect Italian destination to truly relax. And with these lush green views come the fantastic produce that makes Umbrian cuisine so well regarded. The cuisine here focuses on meat dishes and freshwater fish from Lake Trasimeno, but the region is best known for its truffles, which you can pair with local wine.
- Check-in: From 16:00 / 4:00 pm
- Check-out: By 10:00 / 10:00 am
- 60 Days: Get a 50% refund when you cancel up until 60 days before check‑in.
- This home benefits from our special Covid-19 refund policy. We’ll refund you in full if you can’t travel due to Covid-19 governmental changes in travel restrictions. Please read details here.
- Children welcome (1-12 years)
- Infants welcome (under 12 months)
- Pets allowed
- No parties or events
- No smoking
Good To Know
- 17 mins walk to nearest bus stop
- There’s laptop-friendly workspace here if you have to get some work done during your stay
- Air conditioning is only available in the bedrooms
- The pool is available to guests from the last Saturday in April until the first Saturday in October
- The grounds are fully fenced
- A cot and high chair are available for little ones
- While pets are welcome to join you during your stay, you’ll be charged an extra cleaning fee of €30 per pet per week
- Your host may be able to accommodate a later check-in time for an additional fee of €80
- Feel free to enquire about arranging those extra-special services with your host when booking the home.
- Airport Pick up
- This home is managed by a business. A member of their staff will be your point of contact before and during your stay.
- Your host is committed to our Covid-19 cleaning standards. Find out more here.